Facebook Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers You Tube Image Map

July 22, 2015

The World Is A Rainbow

I was pinning some teacher memes on Pinterest last night, and this one caught my eye!

I'm pretty sure it was because I was super stoked that the mailman finally delivered my long awaited T   K!


If you love memes as much as me, check this out!

So, What is Instant Ink?

If you are a teacher that ever gets on Pinterest, you have surely fallen in love with some of the amazing back-to-school classroom decorations that are plastered over everyone's boards. Whether it's owls or superheroes, (OR GIRAFFES!!!) you know you NEED it for your class.  I found this.... and I'm pretty sure I NEED it!

BUT THE COST OF INK!!!!!!!

Instant Ink is great because you can print absolutely any document for only three cents! All that color?!?! Don't worry about it!
By the way, my friend, Jacqueline, made this awesome set!


I recently heard about Instant Ink.  It's a product that HP sells to take the worry out of printing in color. Basically, you pay a monthly fee, and then you can print up to a certain number of pages a month. If you go over, you pay per page at the same rate as the subscription.  If you don't use them all, they roll over into the next month. I subscribed to the $9.99 plan, and I can print 300 pages per month.


The Instant Ink Ad that came with my new printer. 

Included in my first shipment were extra high capacity cartridges and a postage paid return bag.
It's really simple.  I put the cartridges in my printer, and HP tracks the number of pages I've printed and the amount of ink still available in the cartridge. When it begins to run low, HP automatically sends a new one. There's no shipping charges coming or going!

PROS:

  • You can print all those task cards and teacher resources with no guilt or worry.
  • You can print photographs in full color.
  • You'll never have to go to the store to buy ink again.
  • You'll never run out of ink while mid-project.
  • Instant ink can be much cheaper than traditional cartridges.
  • You can get a month free with the code FREEINK at checkout.
  • (I guess you could even get your free month, print 300 posters for your class, and then cancel after your month so your classroom decorations would be provided by HP.)
  • You can cancel anytime. 

CONS:

  • If you print a lot of black and white documents, it may actually be much more expensive. You are paying for 300 pages.  It doesn't make a difference if that page has one tiny word on it or if it is completely saturated with colored ink. Either way, it costs three cents. 
  • If you go over the 300, you are automatically charged for the extra pages you have printed.
  • You have to have a computer that's compatible with Instant Ink. Click here to see those. I bought a new one just so I could get Instant Ink.  It was on sale for $99 at Office Depot, and it is awesome!

MY ADVICE:

  • If you print in color a lot, get it!  If you don't, you'd be better off buying the high-capacity cartridges at the office supply store.
  • Keep two printers at your house: one for black/white printing and one for colored printing.
  • Keep track of your own printing for a couple of months to see how many copies you actually use.
  • Keep a mental note of every time the thought of printing in color deters you from buying something on TpT or completing a particular lesson.




MUCH BETTER!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! So the big question, did you print that cute class decor set??? lol!!!

    ReplyDelete